For some reason, this date is indelibly etched into my mind because a billion years ago, my mom prohibited my 16-year-old me from driving to a concert because the weather was too bad and I became very, very pissed at her. I think the band was Prism. Hey, I was 16.
Now, the music news
- Police across Canada are now engaged in an epic rap battle about…winter driving? (Via Tom)
- You know how Courtney Cox was engaged to that dude from Snow Patrol? Never mind.
- This looks like a festival worth considering.
- The Pope has become a hip hop star. Sort of.
- Wait: is Apple going to make us buy ANOTHER connector cord when the iPhone 7 comes out?
- There’s a new playlist creator app for people with Android phones. Take a look at Backspin.
- This is cool: A glass tube that lets deaf people “touch” music.”
- Time for this debate again: How often should an artist release an album?
- A kid who ran an obscure music forum somehow became the target of the biggest anti-piracy case in the UK.
- Dude gives a ride to a stranded Public Enemy.
- Can your astrology sign determine your feel-good song? (Me? No.)
- Fiddy is working on an Entourage-like sitcom.
- There’s a new CEO at Jay Z’s Tidal.
- Here’s a cool story on Star Wars sound effects.
- You can bet Madonna will be careful this time.
- Actor Anthony Hopkins had an unusual musical surprise the other day. Watch it here. (Via Tom)