A spin-off restaurant from McDonald’s? It looks like it. Can’t wait to see the menu. Moving on to music news for December 6, 2023…
- There’s a new documentary on Apple TV+ about the assassination of John Lennon that looks interesting.
- Sublime co-founder Bradley Nowell died of a heroin overdose in 1996. His son is now in the band–at least temporarily.
- Britney Spears’ father apparently had a leg amputated because of some kind of infection.
- More information is coming out about the night Tupac was shot. Run-DMC was apparently supposed to be in the car with Tupac. They missed their ride because Jam Master Jay took too long to get dressed.
- Jimmy Stewart is back from the dead courtesy of AI. He’ll read you a bedtime story.
- Musicians often need day jobs to support themselves in addition to being in a band. Here are some examples.
- A Notorious B.I.G. game? Yep.
- Death threats over a botched guitar solo? What’s wrong with people?
- Puppy Songs. You will melt under the weight of this cuteness.
- Elon Musk says that the major record labels are doomed. Because, of course, he knows everything about everything.
- “Rizz” is the Word of the Year according to the Oxford English Dictionary. The runner-up? “Swiftie.”
- Taylor Swift fans are demanding free water at all gigs after the death of that fan in Rio.
- I wish my school had been this cool musicially.
- There’s been a crime wave in Chicago. Record stores have been robbed of their metal and hardcore records.
- Gift idea: An expanded version of Paul McCartney and Wings’ Band on the Run.
BONUS: The lineup for the 2024 Cruel World festival has been announced. Like retro alternative? Here you go. (Via Mike)