Thirty-five years since John Lennon was shot? Man, I still remember coming home that Monday night to that music news. One of my best friends at the time was a Lennon fanatic. and was hit really, really hard by the news. His last name was Chapman.
- The Eagles of Death Metal made a visit to the Bataclan Theatre. They spent 10 minutes outside paying respects to the 89 people who died.
- It looks like Spotify is going to make a change to their “everything freemium” rule. Taylor Swift will be pleased.
- After 30 years, some new vinyl pressing plants are starting to come online.
- Adele’s 25 has sold 5 million copies in just three weeks. That has never, ever happened.
- Chris Cornell offers this remembrance of Scott Weiland. (Via Pamela)
- A documentary is being made about Winnipeg’s weird love affair (obsession?) with Brian De Palma’s Phantom of the Paradise.