Random music news for Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Before we begin, who doesn’t love news bloopers?
Moving to music news for December 9, 2020…
- If this album sells for the expected amount, it will be the most expensive vinyl record of all time.
- Still with vinyl, this book will be important to Led Zeppelin fans.
- It’s happening. Musical prodigy Nandi Bushell will perform with the Foo Fighters.
- Breakdancing is now an official Olympic sport. No, seriously.
- Neil Young has dropped his lawsuit against Donald Trump for using his music.
- This is a sad but touching ode to all the music venues we’ve lost in 2020.
- Sinead O’Connor will publish her memoirs next year.
- Wayne’s World! Wayne’s World!
- Another band has its own hot sauce.
- Drake had knee surgery. He’s doing well.
- Elf on the Shelf meets The Police. Creepy shit, this. (Via Sean)
- Cher’s old place in Miami Beach just sold for US$17 million.
- Here’s an interview with Michael Lang, the man behind Woodstock.
- And here’s an interview with Daniel Ek, the SEO of Spotify.
- Speaking of which, Spotify would like advertisers to look at this data from how people listened to music from 2020.