Published on February 20th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, February 20, 2019
This is the date–February 20, 2003–of the Station Nightclub Fire in Rhode Island when 100 people died and 200 were injured when the pyro went wrong during a Great White gig. As for music new for February 20, 2019…
- The real-like Arthur Carlson–the GM of WKRP in Cincinnati–has died.
- AC/DC really appreciates what this Canadian kid is going to raise awareness of Alzheimer’s.
- Ozzy keeps canceling shows and tours. He’s still not well.
- Queen will perform at the Oscars. Freddie won’t be there, so Adam Lambert will sub in.
- Wolfmother is the latest band to do some de-cluttering.
- Meanwhile, a band put a single orange beanie up for auction. Bids have reached $80,000 and no one can figure it out.
- This Italian town REALLY appreciates music. (Via Tom)
- Liam Gallagher says Noel threatened to sue him if Our Kid uses any footage of him singing Oasis songs in a new film called As It Was.
- Shazam for dogs. You read that correctly.
- This sounds oddly like The Search for the Ultimate Answer in Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- Don’t fear the reaper, baby.
- Interesting: SoundCloud has turned into a music distributor.
- Here’s the latest installment of often-forgotten Canadian hard rock bands: Killer Dwarves.
- Now there might be a sequel to the Michael-Jackson-was-a-pedo documentary, Leaving Neverland.
- Is nostalgia for the music of the 00s sad? Some people think so.