Random music news for Wednesday, February 23, 2022
When we die we dream? This is equal parts cool and creepy. Moving on to music news for February 23, 2022.
- RIP Gary Brooker, lead singer of Procol Harum. He was 76. Cancer.
- Apple might launch their mixed reality headset later this year.
- Spotify’s Car Thing device is now on sale.
- What’s Spotify up to with this?
- Beware musicians hyping cryptocurrency.
- TikTok is experimenting with videos that are 10 minutes long. Is this really a good idea? Isn’t that called “YouTube?”
- You knew this was going to happen: Britney Spears just got a US$15 million book deal to talk about her conservatorship situation.
- There’s now a podcast about the Joe Rogan podcast.
- And then there’s this video that brings together all of Joe Rogan’s COVID rantings.
- The British live music industry wants ongoing COVID support.
- This is how movie scores are written? Wow.
- Bring Me the Horizon did very well reducing touring emissions.
- If you’re thinking about going to Glastonbury this year, tickets will go sale March 1.
- The people who were bilked by the Fyre Festival are getting pitiful compensation cheques following the class action lawsuit.
- Are these the 50 best rock videos of all time?
More news? Look here.
BONUS: Lewdle is the Wordle-like game that only uses words too dirty to use in Wordle.