Published on February 27th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, February 27, 2019
On a plane flying back from Asia. Should only take about 28 hours to get home. Still, there is music news for February 27, 2019, that needs to be covered.
- James Comey and the FBI once hunted Wu-Tang Clan.
- Record Store Day 2019: Here’s a list of rumoured releases.
- This teenager turned down a $3 million deal with a major label to go it alone. Is this the shape of things to come? Quite possibly.
- And the most-followed woman on Instagram is now…
- Andy Anderson, former drummer with The Cure, has died at age 68.
- More R Kelly awfulness.
- Morrissey is going to put out a covers album. He’s getting help from Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day.
- Apple Watch will soon track your sleep habits.
- There will now be a Queen/Adam Lambert documentary called The Show Must Go On.
- Why are musicians starting their own podcasts? They have their reasons–and the music industry should pay attention.
- Meanwhile, many believe that we’re entering The Golden Age of Podcasts.
- Hey, whatever happened to music visualizers?