Published on January 16th, 2019 | by Alan Cross2
Random music news for Wednesday, January 16, 2019
January is half over. That’s the kind of thing I’m holding onto right about now.
- The average Spotify users
paysUS$5.50 per month. That average is dropping, too, which is bad news for labels and artists.
- Celine Dion has pulled her duet with R Kelly, just like Lady Gaga did.
- Travis Scott apparently consulted with Colin Kaepernick before he took the Super Bowl halftime gig.
- This Cantopop singer is taking on the political establishment in Hong Kong.
- Alicia Keys will host this year’s Grammy Awards.
- Why is “Baby Shark” is so catchy? Let’s ask science!
- Wait: We’ve been doing the “YMCA” dance wrong all these years?
- First, they developed their own whiskey. Now Metallica has their own beer.
- Music videos will continue to evolve in 2019. Here’s what to watch for.
- Is Drake the next person to get a Las Vegas residency? Maybe.
- Fun: 20 things you probably didn’t know about Dave Grohl.
- Yep, this sounds like Bez.
- Ed Sheeran: The movie.
- Skittles: The Broadway musical/Super Bowl commercial.
- Toto: The never-ending performance of “Africa” in the middle of the desert.
- Damn, I wish we got Hulu in Canada if just for this Fyre Festival documentary.
- Damn again: Another famous music magazine bites the dust.
- Kanye West just wrote a cheque for $10 million to an artist for an installation.
- An egg? Why an egg?