Random Music News for Wednesday, January 20, 2016
Let’s see if we can get through today without having another rock star die, shall we?
- Rod Stewart is building a massive football pitch on the grounds of his mansion.
- Adele’s “Hello” is the fastest video to ever reach 1 billion views on YouTube…
- …but Psy’s “Gangnam Style” is now up to 2.5 billion.
- I can’t remember the last time a concert was halted because of a chemical leak.
- The Canadian DJ Show is coming up in Toronto on March 11-13. Details here.
- Spotify has a new deal with Starbucks.
- Beyonce has started rehearsing for the Super Bowl where her backup band will be Coldplay.
- Meanwhile, Chris Martin would like us to know about his new 6:1 diet.
- French streaming music service Deezer just raised $109 million.
- Despite rumours, Kanye says he has no intention of recording a David Bowie tribute album. Good thing, because there was already a petition against it.
- So why didn’t Straight Outta Compton get any Oscar nominations? Some theories.
- Speaking of which, will there be an NWA reunion at Coachella? Maybe.
- A sign of summer: the lineup for Bonnaroo 2016.
- Do you suffer from infomania? I think I do. Remember, the first step to getting well is to admit you have a problem.
- And are the high-frequency sounds of modern life making you sick? Maybe.
- This Australian singer just landed a global deal with Coca-Cola.