Published on January 23rd, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, January 23, 2019
On this day in 1986, The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inducted its first members: Little Richard, Chuck Berry, James Brown, Ray Charles, Sam Cooke, Fats Domino, The Everly Brothers, Buddy Holly, Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis Presley. In music news for January 23, 2019, we have this:
- Chris Brown was arrested in Paris and subsequently released after accusations of rape surfaced.
- The NDA R Kelly made women sign has become public.
- A new study suggests the type of wood that goes into making a guitar has little effect on how the guitar sounds. Try telling that to guitarists.
- Interesting that vinyl sales dropped 7% in Germany in 2018.
- One of the biggest growth areas in the touring business is the never-ending supply of farewell tours.
- Should Apple separate Apple Music from iTunes on the Mac? Discuss.
- Remember how we’re supposed to get new music from ABBA? It’s coming, but not until the end of the year.
- If you’re in a band, please pay attention to these tips about writing a proper press release that journalists will actually read.
- YouTube stars are burning out because of the pressure to keep posting stuff. (Via Tom)
- KISS is helping unpaid TSA agents during the US federal government shutdown.
- Nile Rodgers is offering free concert tickets to furlough government workers.
- Ed Sheeran will soon eclipse Adele as the most successful singer in Britain.
- When it comes to music and media, whatever happened to Generation X?
Haveit become a lost generation? Maybe.
- The demise of RPM distribution is having an effect on vinyl sales across Canada.