Random music news for Wednesday, January 27, 2021
The word robot entered the language 100 years ago this week. And here’s what’s happening with music news for January 27, 2021.
- Apple Fitness+ has a new thing called “Time to Walk” stories.
- Could Viking war cries be the next big thing on TikTok after sea shanties? Maybe.
- Netflix’s Bridgerton is boosting interest in classical music.
- Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson has a secret love child that–well, you’ll see.
- Have activist K-pop fans violated Twitter’s rules over their latest troll of Republicans?
- The American live music industry has a plan to help out with COVID vaccinations.
- If you’re going to get photobombed, this is what you hope happens.
- This entire alien solar system has got the beat AND the music.
- Smart watches: Do you REALLY need one? Discuss.
- A Lego augmented reality music app? Yep.
- This is good: Three myths that are deluding the music industry.
One thought on “Random music news for Wednesday, January 27, 2021”
“Smart watches: Do you REALLY need one? Discuss.”
That sure is an ad for some miracle product I’ve never heard of before…
In general though I do like having a smartwatch. If nothing else, I appreciate being able to filter phone notifications down to just the few I actually care about, and I’m sure my wife appreciates the silent alarm in the morning. Everything else it does is bonus. But health insights, controlling my music/podcasts, checking the weather, are all nice to have. I have a guitar tuner on mine, but … there’s no reason you couldn’t just use a phone for that.