We first saw the Apple iPhone on this day in 2007. Seems like a million years ago, doesn’t it? Here’s music news for January 9, 2019.
- An actual Rocky Mountain high will cost you $11 million USD.
- If you’re into high-res audio, you may want to give a look at what Tidal is now offering.
- Sony has unveiled a new streaming music format called “360 Reality Audio.”
- The Fiji Water Girl we saw on the Golden Globes was once in an
- Damn kids. Here’s how they discover music.
everythingwe know about the guy, why the f**k does R Kelly still have a record deal?
- Then again, the new TV series on him might just bring an end to his career, thanks to law enforcement in Georgia.
- It’s good when your band has a song used on TV. Usually…
- ANOTHER David Bowie box set? Yep.
- Bowie fans won’t be happy with these comments from the Rolling Stones’ Charlie Watts.
- Interesting: Streaming is becoming less dominated by mega-hits, which is a good sign for the industry at large.
- All Canadian bands should read this book by Bob D’Eith. It offers some solid business advice on how to survive in the world of rock’n’roll.
- Does the surprise album release still work? Maybe, maybe not.
- A lament for the decline of music magazines.
- QUB is a new type of radio for the digital age (i.e. beyond AM and FM). Let’s take a look. (And it’s Canadian!)
- This isn’t good: A major Canadian distributor of vinyl to indie stores is shutting down–and no one is sure why.