Published on July 10th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, July 10, 2019
It was very hot in Death Valley on this day in 1913 when it reached 57 C. I think that’s still the record. Anything hot with music news for July 10, 2019? Let’s find out.
- When Spotify launches in the country, it takes local economic conditions into consideration when setting subscription rates. That’s why Spotify Russia will cost the equivalent of CAD$3.10.
- And then there’s Spotify Lite.
- Into Stranger Things on Netflix? Here are details on the season three soundtrack.
- Kanye West wants to build Star Wars-inspired shelters for the homeless.
- This is one LOUD worm.
- Confess is an Iranian metal band. They’ve been sentenced to prison along with 74 lashes. For being metal.
- This never occurred to me before: The racist and sexist attributes of classical opera.
- Yes, the live music scene cyclical–it all depends on who’s on the road any given year–but box office revenues have slumped US$752 million from this time last year.
- Meanwhile, Elton John is having a very good (read: profitable) year on the road.
- This looks like a fun retro synth.
- Olivia Newton-John is auctioning off her Grease gear for cancer research.
- Setlists are the new playlists, apparently. See?
- Radio peeps: Imagine having this job.
- If you call your band Confederate Railroad, prepare for this kind of blowback.