I want this TV. I have no idea where I’d put it, but I still want it. Let’s try some music news for July 20, 2022.
- Drake vs. the Swedish police: The truth comes out.
- The average price of a concert ticket may be up, but gross concert revenues have yet to recover to pre-pandemic levels.
- I missed this radio anniversary re: my home radio station that happened on Friday. Shame. And related to that is this.
- Life after music: Andrew Farriss of INXS now works on a farm.
- The earliest known demo of Lou Reed’s “Heroin” has been released.
- Yes, there was CBGB, but there was also Max’s Kansas City. There’s now a doc on the club.
- Queen: As major a force as ever in the UK.
- Everything that comes around, goes around–including music. See?
- “How much a month for radio?” Discuss.
- TikTok has warned employees that layoffs are coming…
- …and both Apple and Spotify are slowing the number of people they hire.
- On a related note, Brits are leaving the streaming market, probably because of inflationary pressures.
- Rob Zombie’s version of The Munsters will debut on Netflix in September.
- Karl Logan, ex of Manowar, has been sentenced to five years in prison on child porn charges.
- Nice gesture, but...
BONUS: This breaks my cuteness meter.