Ready to go inter-dimensional? Some people think scientists are ready to talk to a parallel universe. Meanwhile in our reality, here’s music news for June 14, 2023.
- Blink-182’s Tom DeLonge is hinting about something with his To The Stars Academy.
- Here come the AI voice scams.
- A California DJ has established his own micronation in the desert he calls Slowjamistan.
- A kazoo parade. Yes–and 10,000 people turned out.
- We’re still talking about NFTs? Yes. The latest involves The Rocky Horror Picture Show.
- Guess which band’s lyrics dominate search with the Merriam-Webster dictionary? Nope. Not that one either. Uh-uh. Nailed it.
- Could this be a new model for paying out streaming royalties?
- Noel Gallagher is taking responsibility for breaking up Taylor Swift and Matt Healy.
- Is Boy George bankrupt? Maybe.
- Grimes has a deal with TuneCore to use her voice AI-style.
- Sounds like an interesting gig: “Spatial Audio Artist in Residence.“
- This punk supergroup sounds interesting. It’ll probably blow up fast, though.
- Kayne’s at it again.
- If you’re blasting music in the workplace that other people find offensive, you could be in trouble.
- Imagine finding this guy busking on a street in Africa…
- What, exactly, does a music manager do? Glad you asked…
BONUS: Those hats have to be really, really hot.