Want a pizza? Maybe you can use this thing. Take a look and then move on to music news for June 16, 2021.
- The UK is prudently pushing back its opening-up date because of the rise of the Delta variant of COVID-19. This, however, will cause problems with the live event industry.
- Eric Clapton keeps spewing COVID misinformation.
- Alex Lifeson of Rush has released two new solo tracks. Listen here.
- Podcasts on vinyl? Could this really be a thing?
- This music app which few people have heard of just won an Apple design award.
- Radiohead is auctioning off a test pressing of Kid A for charity.
- Toronto record shops were slammed with customers on Saturday for the first Record Store Day of the year.
- Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters to Mark Zuckerberg: “You’re a little prick.”
- Could this new movie seat lure people back to cinemas?
- Netflix is producing what they say is a “fictionalized” series about Spotify. They’ve cast the roles, too.
- The people of Vancouver are coming to the aid of a local musician who had a medical emergency while driving and crashed.
- Hipgnosis aims to raise another $200 million to buy more of “the most influential songs of all time.”
- Ad-Rock and Kathleen Hanna are selling this lakefront home in New Jersey.
- Jay-Z vs. the photographer.
- Uh, no thanks.
More news? There should be some here.