The monkey had a bullet-proof vest? Please discuss after you check out music news for June 22, 2022.
- Marcus Mumford is going solo from Mumford & Sons. What does that mean for the future of the group?
- Britney Spears’ father says he got a US$15 million advance to write a book.
- Could Nigeria be the next hot scene for rock? Possibly. (Via Andrew)
- These members of a Ukrainian band have reunited after the Russian invasion. (Via Sean)
- Glastonbury is back this weekend but half the trains to the site have been canceled due to a strike…
- …and EasyJet is cutting flights to the UK affecting many more international festival-goers.
- Maybe Paul McCartney will let people use some of the cars in his collection.
- Our devices are spying on us. A lot.
- If you’re wondering where some of Lemmy’s ashes have gone, here’s your answer.
- Wait: Elvis was almost cast in a Willy Wonka movie? And The Godfather? Apparently, yes.
- And is Flea going to be in a Popeye movie? Maybe.
- Like death metal? How about some Cannibal Corpse whisky?
- Another American mass shooting, this time at a concert in DC.
- Elton John is planning to auction a “Rocket Man” NFT.
- Fatboy Slim is offering mental health DJ classes.
BONUS: This how bonkers American politics has become.