Random Music News for Wednesday, June 24, 2015
On this day in 1880, the world heard the first performance of an anthem called “O Canada.”
- Deadmau5 has settled his copyright beef with Mickey Mouse.
- New Order is about to release their first album in ten years…
- …and look out for a series of David Bowie box sets.
- Producer Nile Rodgers went busking in London and almost no one noticed. He did, however, make about 20 bucks.
- Marilyn Manson talks about his failed marriage.
- Should you take your baby to a music festival? Many mothers do.
- Someone is mapping the sounds of Britain.
- How Beats maximizes cheap hardware for luxury appeal (and profits).
- Using the music of Roy Orbison for anti-social behaviour.
- The Shat is on a new motorcycle excursion–and it’s pretty crazy.
- Is Ozzy about to form a supergroup with Tom Morello, Geezer Butler and Slash?
- HMV has started selling CDs and vinyl online for the first time in about two years.
- Here’s how the 11 songwriters of “Uptown Funk” share $2 million.
- Sorry, Neil Young. Donald Trump is legally entitled to use “Rockin’ in the Free World.”
- Keith Richards’ granddaughter is an up-and-coming supermodel.
- Diddy says that his fight with that UCLA football coach was “purely defensive.” (He was arrested, you know…)