That was some internet outage yesterday, huh? When Amazon goes down, you know it was bad. We’re okay now, so I can go ahead with music news for June 9, 2021.
- Got a nervous cat? Try some cat sleep music.
- The Munsters is being resurrected for a movie. Rob Zombie will direct.
- R Kelly is having trouble keeping lawyers.
- This new compilation will send all proceeds to 10 Toronto music venues.
- And here’s a new crisis: A important communal rehearsal space is closing.
- Nick Cave has a new photo book. It’s nothing but pictures of lost gloves.
- Kid Rock shouting homophobic slurs? Really? Shocking.
- If you have hundreds of thousands of dollars lying around, here’s a reminder of the rock’n’roll auction by Juliens this week.
- In the UK, record stores report that vinyl buyers are younger and more diverse.
- And Record Store Day isn’t just for hardcore collectors anymore.
- Post Malone rosé? Yep.
- Has CanCon been with us for 50 years? Yep.
- How did YouTube manage to scale to something so big? Like this.
- Four iPhone games gross more than US$1 million a day.
- Sinead O’Connor has unretired just days after announcing her retirement.
- Singer-songwriter Mike Posner climbed Mt. Everest. (Via Tucker)
More News? Look here.