A rideable robot goat? From a motorcycle manufacturer? Yep. Let’s try some music news for March 16, 2022.
- Just as the touring industry starts to recover from COVID, insanely high gas prices threaten to ruin things.
- Russia has banned Instagram, cutting off 80 million users. This follows bans of Facebook and Twitter.
- Wait: Daryl Hall was asked to be the singer for Van Halen?
- Sorry, Donald Trump. This not qualify as being a DJ.
- Following the Ed Sheeran copyright infringement trial? Go here.
- If Dolly Parton follows through on her promise to make a rock record, Steve Albini says he wants to help her record it.
- “Are Legendary Music Catalogues Really Worth the Money?” Discuss.
- Is this a solution to the recorded music industry’s “black box” problem? Maybe. And let’s hope so.
- Is this why Epic Games bought Bandcamp?
- Cute: Jimmy Page on British TV back in 1957. (Via Peter)
- Why do we listen to songs with lyrics we don’t understand? This is why.
- “GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!” is being yelled by Ukrainian soldiers.
More news? Check here.
BONUS: Is the US to blame for the war in Ukraine? Here’s what some Russian citizens have to say.