Published on March 20th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Spring starts at 5:58 pm EDT. Let’s get on with it. Meanwhile, let’s indulge in some music new for March 20, 2019.
- Relax, KISS fans. Drummer Eric Carr is fine. It was a hoax.
- Must read: T-Bone Burnett’s keynote at SXSW. (Via Larry)
- Google did it. They’ve released their new gaming platform. Introducing Stadia.
- A former member of Pantera has had his New Zealand shows canceled because he made “white power” comments in the past.
- China = Counterfeit audio products.
- Microsoft has finally put its Groove music streaming service out of its misery.
- This was one of the weakest music plagiarism suits I’ve seen in a while.
- The Church of Kanye West: It’s a real thing.
- Tupac lives! (In the Black Panther universe, anyway.)
- A good question: What do songs about the music industry tell us about the music industry?
- ChartHopper is an app that’s like fantasy football but for music.
- Well, that’s one way to hand off lead vocals. (Via Danny)