Random music news for Wednesday, March 29, 2023
Someone used AI to imagine what South Park characters would look like in real life. The results are…weird. Now let’s go straight to music news for March 29, 2023.
- Speaking of AI, an AI-generated verse in the style of Kanye has gone viral.
- Canadian metal band AngelMaker fired an opening act after that group’s frontman said some very deplorable sh*t onstage this past weekend. Good.
- Are you a fan of 90s music? This article points out of difficult it was to be a pop star in that decade.
- Scott Borchetta, the guy who brought Taylor Swift to the world’s attention, was hospitalized after a race car crash.
- Are record labels trying to kill off physical music? Discuss.
- Elon Musk’s Twitter is about to get more annoying.
- Apple’s new classical music streaming platform is now live.
- Disney seems to bailing on the metaverse.
- From Scientific American: “If AI starts making music on its own, what happens to musicians?“
- This stop on Madonna’s upcoming tour should be interesting.
- Is TikTok to blame for the rise in bad behavior by concert fans? Maybe.
- What’s the best time to post something on social media? Glad you asked.
- Elon Music vs…The Kinks? What’s going on?
- Liverpool is gearing up to host Eurovision.
- Too much information, Lionel Ritchie,
- And finally, will Oasis ever get back together again? And would this be a good idea?
BONUS: Every wonder where the whole “Florida Man” meme came from? This video explains everything.