Is this the most disturbing website on the internet? It just might be–and for reasons you don’t expect. Meanwhile, this site is wonderfully benign and useless. Please enjoy music news for March 8, 2023.
- There were two deaths at a US concert. It was a stampede at a show by GloRilla.
- The Conservative Party of Canada used the Tragically Hip’s “Fifty-Mission Cap” was used at one of its events. The band is not happy.
- Adidas is stuck with half a billion dollars’ worth of Yeezy gear. They might just burn it all.
- Dave Grohl just can’t stop smoking meat for the homeless in Los Angeles.
- U2 seems “anxious” to put out a rip-roarin’ rock record.
- Artists who hear their songs in public and wonder if they’re getting paid for it will like this new tech.
- Lenny Kravitz will have a special in memoriam performance at this weekend’s Oscars.
- Elon Musk: the documentary.
- Tegan and Sara have announced a tour–and their graphic novel is out May 30. Details here.
- SoundCloud is testing a new TikTok-like music discovery feature.
- No one has tried this before? Really?
- An “upside down” turntable? Yes. It’s called “Black Wheel.”
- Condolences to all the staffers at SiriusXM who have been laid off this week.
- Johnny Lydon apparently doesn’t think much about Liam Gallagher.
- When it comes to songwriting, you take whatever inspiration the universe throws at you–like this guy.
BONUS: All God’s creatures, right?