Published on May 15th, 2019 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, May 15, 2019
One hundred years ago today, the Great Winnipeg General Strike began. It was one of the biggest labour protests in history. As for music news on May 15, 2019…
- Elvis Presley was a pedophile, apparently. This new book says he liked girls as young as 14.
- Robert Plant is finally going to make up for a Led Zeppelin show in New Brunswick that was canceled 50 years ago. (Via Tom)
- This woman started as a punk rocker at CBGB. By the time she died, she was a judge.
- Dave Grohl did this for a nine-year-old drumming prodigy. Nice.
- Drake really needs to stay away from all Raptors games from now on.
- There’s a new movie coming that’s set in 90s UK dance culture.
- Meanwhile, there may be a new wave of rave building in the UK.
- The US Supreme Court has ruled against Apple in a monopoly case involving the App Store.
- There’s a new study in Liverpool that’s looking at how musicians get injured while playing music.
- Looking to get into Hi-Res Audio? This new player is nice but pricey. VERY pricey.
- Spotify is testing a new feature on the mobile app that allows users to get more information on an artist and/or song.
- Need to focus? Looking for a greater state of mindfulness? Try this app.
- The Masked Singer seems to be doing very well for Fox. The network has big plans for the show.
- This seals it. I gotta see this Rocketman movie.
- Not about music, but it’s fascinating how The Simpsons predicted what would happen in Game of Thrones.