Another blob. What is it? Not one of these blobs. Ponder that as you move to music news for May 19, 2021.
- Live Nation has already booked more concerts for 2022 than it had for all of 2019.
- Glastonbury has secured a one-day license for a live event in September.
- Things continue to get worse for Marilyn Manson. He’s being sued by a former assistant for sexual assault and battery.
- Foldable and rollable screens? Cool!
- Pete Wentz of Fall Out Boy has a new gig as music director of a comedy series called Everything’s Fine.
- Coldplay has announced a TikTok concert.
- The sounds of space! (Via Andrew)
- Before you ask for that picture with Liam Gallagher, make sure it isn’t actually Noel.
- As you might expect, Ozzy is defending Sharon.
- Did Prince sexually abuse Sinead O’Connor? That’s what she alleges.
- If you’re a Twenty One Pilots fan, you’ll probably be interested in this interview about their new album. (Via Sean)
- Interested in how technology is impacting music? Read this.
- Primary Wave is one of the companies buying up song catalogues. Here’s a look at them.
- This is a nice honour for the late Avicii.
Want some more news?