I was suckered by this misleading headline. I thought it was a music story, It is not. The rest of these items are most certainly music news for May 25, 2022.
- A Texas family has sued Apple because they claim an Amber Alert was too loud.
- Can you be addicted to streaming? Yes–and it can be bad.
- Springsteen and the E Street Band will tour in 2023.
- Kanye says he’s now redesigning burger wrappings for McDonald’s.
- Cathal Coughlan, frontman of Fatima Mansions and Microdisney, has died at 61.
- The British have come up with a new way to fund music venues.
- Danny Boyle’s Sex Pistols bio series debuts at the end of the week. Here’s what he has to say.
- Meanwhile, Paul Cook and Steve Jones were at the premiere and behaved themselves.
- And at the opposite end of the spectrum, we have this upcoming doc on the superfans of boy bands.
- The more I read about Halsey, the more I like her. Here’s another example.
- More problems for Travis Scott.
- Wait: David Bowie had a mega-yacht?
- TikTok is slowly rolling out its “live subscription” feature.
- It’s now OnlyFans vs Playboy.
- Conan O’Brien just made a whole lot of money from selling his podcast company.
BONUS: This is the world’s most expensive production car. I don’t get it.