If you have any anti-vaxxers in your life, read this, commit it to memory, and use it against their stupid arguments. It’s for the good of the human race. Now some music news for May 5, 2021.
- Noel Gallagher has been named the Official Record Store Day Ambassador for 2021.
- Spotify’s Android app has now been installed one billion times.
- The Weeknd continues to go after the Grammys as corrupt. Good. (Via Sean)
- Britney speaks!
- Another Spice Girls film? Great.
- This story is about the growing role of women in metal.
- That’s pretty cheap when you think about it.
- Tim Lambesis is being sued over a bonfire. There were injuries.
- Nirvana is being sued over a t-shirt design involving Dante’s Inferno.
- If you use Audacity for editing audio, it’s been sold. But don’t worry because the new owners say it’ll continue to be free.
- This new “6G” chip can download a full HD movie in less than than a second. Great, but let’s get to 5G first.
- A new edition to Spotify playlists? Chuck E. Cheese.
- What’s the real deal with this pop-punk band called Tramp Stamps? TikTok will have none of them.
- EarthPercent is a music organization that has a plan to save the planet. Here’s what they’re proposing.
- An important question: Why do so many musicians have substance abuse problems?
BONUS: A look at virtual travel as envisioned in 1991.
Want more? Check out the news for May 4th.