That is a lot of caffeine. Don’t do this. Moving on from that freakout to music news for November 1, 2023…
- The US government has new guideline proposals for the development of AI.
- Before Green Day plays the Grey Cup in Hamilton on the 19th, it looks like they have a bunch of pop-up shows in Europe.
- Billboard now has its own music-streaming royalty calculator.
- The Taylor Swift concert film is now the highest-grossing concert film of all time, bringing in US$200 million so far.
- Britney Spears wants to write a sequel to her new memoir.
- A case involving KC and the Sunshine Band (‘member them?) may reach the US Supreme Court.
- Some Tupac prison memorabilia is going up for auction.
- TikTok is still growing like crazy. Here are its latest download numbers.
- Lizzo is really pushing back on those lawsuits filed against her by her one-time concert entourage.
- Best headline of the week: “Retired opera singer, 63, got naked and broke into song during bow and arrow rampage at care home before being tasered by police.”
- Why is grunge so still so popular? Here’s a possible reason.
- You don’t see this in a moshpit every day.
- Metallica’s merch company is suing to stop bootleg merch at shows.
- Chris Brown and Live Nation are being sued over some violence at a London club.
- The adorable Nandi Bushell is at it again, this time with a Slipknot drum cover.
BONUS: This guy brought one million CDs to a city who really needed them.