That’s one way to pack a guitar. As for music news on November 11, 2021…
- Gord Downie’s widow, Kaya Usher, is about to release her debut album.
- Rumours are swirling that The Phoenix, a longtime Toronto music venue, could be turned into a 39-storey condo.
- Back in 1973, Led Zeppelin was robbed when US$200,000 disappeared from a hotel safe. The money was never recovered. This new book has an idea who was responsible.
- The dress Amy Winehouse worn for her final performance was auctioned off for US$243,000. Proceeds go to an addiction recovery organization.
- Alanis Morissette is working with ABC to develop a comedy series based on her life.
- A speaker that beams sound right to you–and follows you around.
- Taylor Swift is re-recording her early albums. Can you tell the difference between the original and the re-recording? The Wall Street Journal tried to find out. (Paywall)
- Poll: 89% of people in the US say a radio in the car is a necessity.
- Hey, Demi Lovato, you’ve got some...interesting ideas.
- The health minister of Ireland is suing Van Morrison over some anti-COVID rants.
- This Glasgow nightclub is experimenting with ways to turn dancing into renewable energy.
- Way to go, Billy Joel!
BONUS: Pet portraits! Want.
BONUS BONUS: What if 742 Evergreen Terrance was for sale?