A sportscar with 3,000 hp? Yes, please. Over to music news for November 17, 2021.
- Travis Scott had a collaboration going with Nike. After Astroworld, he doesn’t.
- TikTok is having an interesting effect on music charts. Here’s an example.
- And here’s how TikTok affected the Chinese TV show, China’s Got Talent.
- Lady Gaga’s Italian accent in her role in the movie House of Gucci apparently isn’t great.
- More stuff up for auction: an Eric Clapton guitar, a setlist written out by Kurt Cobain, and a jacket once worn by Whitney Houston. You can flip through the 425+ page catalogue here.
- Some nice songwriting insight here from The Charlatans UK about the song “The Only One I Know.”
- Get Back, Peter Jackson’s documentary on The Beatles’ making of the Let It Be album, apparently contains some salty language.
- What happens when your ex writes a hit song about your failed relationship? This.
- “Astroworld is Travis Scott’s Altamont.” Discuss.
- The next target of record labels? “Name and likeness rights.”
- There’s a women’s metal scene in Iran. Seriously.
- Wait: Big Boi has recorded something with Kate Bush?
- How about a free masterclass in songwriting from Tom Petty and Rick Rubin? Go here.
- Here’s an interesting tribute to famous musicians and their songs. (Via Andrew)
- This sounds interesting “One Song Radio.”
More news? Check here.