Random Music News for Wednesday, November 25, 2015
Much of yesterday’s music news was written and posted aboard Lufthansa LH470, a 747-400 equipped with FlyNet, the airline’s satellite-delivered WiFi system. It delivered some seriously great connectivity, even over the North Atlantic. You know the Germans; they make good stuff.
- Five Finger Death Punch have canceled their Paris show after blowing out one in Italy earlier. The rumours that their show will be targeted by terrorists is still pretty strong.
- Now is NOT the time to shoot a music video in which all your dancers are dressed like terrorists.
- So how’s it going with that mythical new album from Tool? Let’s ask Adam Jones.
- I’ll ask the question again: With all the shit going down in the world today (ISIS, climate change, Donald Trump, Black Lives Matter), where are all the protest songs?
- Does this count as a protest song?
- Here’s a handy guide to some of the more interesting isolated vocal tracks on the Internet.
- How crazy are Justin Bieber fans? THIS crazy.
- Is Bieber melting down?
- These viral videos are now ten years old.
- Dance music and ketamine: it’s getting worse.
- Expect Adele to be the big headliner at Glastonbury in 2016.
- Ed Sheeran is going to be in the new Bridget Jones movie.
- Despite not working before the release of 25, Adele made £46,000 a day or £17,000,000 a year.
- Canada’s Danna brothers are great at making music for (cartoon) dinosaurs.
- Vine is now available on Apple Watch.
- Time for 2015 retrospectives. Two of this year’s biggest breakout stars look back on the year.
- Do not drive to Strawberry Fields high.