I’ve never understood shower gel. Give me an old-fashioned bar of soap anytime. There. I said it. Now here’s some music news for November 30, 2022.
- Who’s to blame for what happened between Ticketmaster and Taylor Swift? This article explores that. (I’m quoted, too.)
- The US Government is being pressured to do something about bots. Again.
- Kanye West is up for Anti-Semite of the Year. I’m not kidding about that.
- Lyor Cohen, the Global Head of Music for YouTube, is worried about the future of the music industry.
- There’s a new album that uses controller vibrations to play music for players who have hearing difficulties.
- Gift idea: A board game based on techno music.
- Here come the price increases for Apple Music.
- Drake sure knows how to pick out some presents. Luxury toilets worth US$20,000? Gee, thanks.
- Want to write a Christmas song for the ages? Here’s how you do it.
- For the first time ever, ONE TRILLION songs were streamed in the US in 2022.
- The science is in. Bats are Goth.
- A GG Allin biopic? Yep. This will be gross.
- A Grateful Dead “fidget cube?” A big Xmas seller, apparently.
- The results of a UK government inquiry into how much streaming companies are making from streaming won’t make artists happy.
- These songs have the most recognizable choruses.
BONUS: Coming soon to Netflix: “That 90s Show.”