Interesting that an official warning had to be issued about this. Nothing to worry about with music news for November 9, 2022…
- RIP Dan McCafferty, lead singer of Nazareth. He was 76.
- This VR set will literally kill you. And I’m using “literally” correctly in that sentence. Explosive charges aimed at your skull? This sounds like an episode of Black Mirror.
- People are not loving the new Amazon Music. Here’s why.
- Today is World Pianist Day. Here are some interesting facts about the piano.
- Okay, that’s a cool portable speaker. But it costs HOW MUCH?
- First, it was J-pop. Then K-pop. So C-pop was inevitable, right?
- Alanis Morissette bailed on performing at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony because of what she saw as sexism.
- Madonna: What are you doing? You okay?
- Virtual Ozzfest is coming up featuring Ozzy (still with us), Megadeth (ditto), and Motorhead (Lemmy’s still dead.)
- That virtual Ozzfest is part of the Metaverse Music Festival, which just announced an appearance by Bjork.
- Freddie Mercury’s old Rolls Royce sold for big dollars at auction. (Fun fact: He never had a driver’s license.)
- Fyre Festival fraudster Billy McFarland is heading back to the Bahamas for a new venture. What could possibly go wrong?
- No kidding, dude. We already knew that.
- Hey, a man’s gotta eat.
- No. Just…no.
- The show must go on, even if there’s no electricity.
BONUS: Here’s a map of what tech gadgets people complain about around the world.