Aliens? Here’s hoping. Then with music news for October 13, 2021…
- Back to aliens for a second: Demi Levato says calling extraterrestrials “aliens” is offensive. Could someone please give her a dictionary? (Via Tom)
- Investment bank Blackstone is investing US$1 billion in Hipgnosis so that it can buy up more song catalogues.
- What’s coming next after streaming? Let’s take a look.
- Some radio people would rather get fired than get vaccinated.
- Ozzy was joking, people. No actual devil worship was involved.
- COVID really took a toll on the UK entertainment industry. These figures are very depressing.
- Gee, this Smash Mouth gig sounded fun in a weird sort of way.
- Interested in vinyl? Then take a listen to this. (Via Andrew)
- This is interesting: Is what this publication doing ethical? Is it advertising/advertorial? Is this type of payola? Once you starting thinking it through, it’s not clear.
- So what’s going on with Adele’s 30 album? This is what we know so far.
- Motley Crue meets Halloween. (Via Danny)
- This candle smells like a music festival.
- This is a load of fun: The Pudding takes a look at your music bubble.
- So, David Lee Roth, are you retiring or not?
More news? Check here.
BONUS: In case you’ve never seen this Foo Fighters/Christopher Walken clip, prepare to laugh out loud.