Published on October 17th, 2018 | by Alan Cross0
Random music news for Wednesday, October 17, 2018
Is there something special happening in Canada today? I seem to remember that there’s supposed to be some kind of change to the law. Don’t worry. It’ll come to me. Meanwhile, this is music news for October 17, 2018.
- Just in case you need reminding, today is the first anniversary of the death of Gord Downie…
- …and Tragically Hip tribute bands will be very busy.
- A “gaming-centric” music festival? Interesting.
- They’re even going crazy about podcasts in India.
- Well, this is a new use for sound waves.
- Snapchat has new selfie filters for cats. What’s wrong with us?
- Into clubbing? Then you might want to make a pilgrimage here.
- Is the auto industry paying attention to radio? And vice-versa? We need to look at this.
- Kanye was going to hold a talk on mental health. It’s been cancelled. However…
- …he did give the kids in a Uganda orphanage free pairs of Yeezys and a set of Beats headphones.
- Bob Dylan’s Blood on the Tracks album is going to be adapted into a movie.
- Here’s another music book I think I’ll have to read.
- Smartphones will be obsolete within a decade? Really?
- Netflix is launching an unscripted music reality show.
- Bono and The Edge are auctioning off some guitars next month.
- Shouldn’t these high school students be doing homework or something?
- Richard Branson is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame…
- …and he plans to launch a new music festival in the U.S. next year.
- Queen’s Brian May has a new book about Apollo 11.
- Melania Trump’s people aren’t happy with the new video from T.I.