Random Music News for Wednesday, October 21, 2015 (Back to the Future Day Edition)
Happy Back to the Future Day! Time’s up. Where’s my goddamn hoverboard?
Wait: are we getting an announcement about power-lacing shoes today? And what about some of those other predictions?
- Drake goes emo. Sort of.
- Oh, Lorde. And she probably doesn’t even like baseball.
- High-res audio players are gathering momentum. There’s Neil Young’s Pono, a couple from Sony and now this one from Onkyo and Pioneer.
- Why is it so hard for Canadian acts to cross the border to play gigs in the US? Well, it’s expensive, for one…
- Fun! Listen to a 20 year-old Eddie Van Halen covering Queen back in 1975.
- The UK venue crisis continues–and it’s very real.
- Sometimes drinking and singing can work out. See?
- You know where streaming continues to really heat up? India.
- Another deluded cassette fan. This guy is from Winnipeg. (Via Tom)
- Ed Sheeran, hero of the old folks’ home.
- Want to get all 90s-cheesy with Instagram? Try this.
- The reviews of the new Guitar Hero Live are starting to come in–and they’re pretty good.
- Will Smith’s son is doing his best to convince us that he’s batshit crazy.
- Were you a fan of Empire Records? That movie is turning 20.
- Britney Spears has a $7.4 million USD mansion. Wanna look?
- If you’re into Marvel heroes, take a look at this musical tribute.
- The Aerosmith sandwich. It’s called “Janie’s Got a Bun,” of course.
- Hamilton’s The Reason have made a documentary about themselves. I may or may not be heard it in.
- The Game just released a new album, so he bought himself a new Lamborghini Aventador.