If you miss live music, try Antyfest. It features audiences of ants–as in the insects–reacting to performances from eleven different music festivals. Hey, it’s something. On to music news for September 2, 2020.
- Coronavirus update 1: Lady Gaga says “Wear a mask!”
- Coronavirus update 2: Police continue to crack down on illegal raves.
- Coronavirus update 3: Musicians have filed a lawsuit against New York’s COVID-19 ticketing ban.
- Coronavirus update 4: Scammers!
- Coronavirus update 5: 64% of UK musicians say they’re thinking about leaving the business.
- Kanye is still trying to be president. Now he’s suing two states to get on the ballot.
- Another plea for better music metadata.
- Nikki Sixx of Motley Crue has sold his publishing.
- R Kelly was nearly stabbed with a pen in jail.
- Richard Ashcroft is working on an acoustic greatest hits collection.
- Amazon is getting into live streaming through a partnership with Twitch.
- RIP Ian Mitchell, a one-time member of the Bay City Rollers.
- What a shock: The Chinese government is making the sale of TikTok difficult.
- This library could change sampling forever.
Finally, this bonus bit courtesy of Tom.
Sometimes my mind wanders back to a happier, simpler time when anybody could just go to a public golf course and sing “Danke Schoen” with Alice Cooper. pic.twitter.com/NKocXM9ON5— Al Yankovic (@alyankovic) August 31, 2020