A desktop quantum computer? Want! Moving to music news for September 29, 2021…
- Your debate question for today: Should R Kelly’s music be banned?
- Judas Priest guitarist Richie Faulkner has been hospitalized “major heart condition issues.”
- The 24 hour Global Citizen Concert raised US$1.1 billion.
- Imagine walking up to a bus stop in Liverpool and finding Paul McCartney waiting there. It happened.
- It’s not your imagination. There is a LOT–and I mean A LOT–of new music coming out right now. Here’s why. (Via Bobby)
- A previously unheard John Lennon song called “Radio Peace” was found on an interview tape he gave some schoolboys. That tape is going up for auction.
- Dave Grohl gave a hand to a bass player who stopped a potential mass shooting.
- Now that she’s separated from Elon Musk, Grimes is thinking about colonizing one of Jupiter’s moons.
- Spotify is looking to land more advertisers. That means if you’re using the free tier, expect more (or at least different) ads.
- “Instagram Kids?” What could possible go wrong? Enough for Instagram to shelve the idea.
- Meanwhile, Facebook promises to built its metaverse “responsibly.” Hah. “Facebook” and “responsible” in the same sentence?
- “A plagiarized set of NFTs about plagiarism.” What?
- Drugs in a river at the Glastonbury site? NO! (Via Sean)
- Can you stage a successful indoor show in Canada these days? These people did.
- Take that, Machine Gun Kelly.
BONUS: If you know an anti-vaxxer, send them to this website.
More news? Check here.