A brand new plane called the 747 was rolled out on public display for the first time on this day in 1968. And now, airlines are slowly phasing it out because four-engine jets this size just aren’t as economical as they used to be.
Let’s switch to music news.
- The guy who discovered flowing water on Mars had a death metal band called Gorka.
- Today’s the last day for your free trial on Apple Music. Starting tomorrow, you’ll be charged.
- Meanwhile, Apple Music has launched in China for the equivalent of $1.75 CAD a month.
- Did you know that a sizeable number of left-handed people hate Apple? Here’s why.
- Spotify predicts that the’ll hit close to 100 million users by the end of the year.
- Listen to Brian Eno give The John Peel Lecture for the BBC.
- A Toronto radio station has become the first music station to be available on Apple Watch.
- Justin Bieber says he “doesn’t want to come off as weird.” Um, sorry to tell you this bud, but… (Via Tom)
- Meanwhile, his fans are just as crazy. I mean batshit crazy.
- Rage Against the Machine has apologized for leading us to Limp Bizkit.
- What if you tried to get your grandma to interpret Drake’s lyrics? Then it might look like this.
- Can an F1 car play “The Star-Spangled Banner?” Yes. [Note: Didn’t Top Gear already do something like this?]
- The Empire clones have begun to arrive.
- Chris Brown is an idiot.
- Kim Kardashian is already planning how she’s going to re-do the White House when Yeezus wins in 2020.