Random Music News for Friday, April 15, 2016
Halfway through April. Done your taxes yet? Ponder that whilst you browse through today’s music news.
- It was 14 years ago today that Joey Ramone died. Yeah, it’s been that long. (Via Tom)
- How a Japanese car brand helped fuel EDM culture.
- The director of Drake’s “Hotline Bling” won a special music video achievement award from the Prism Prize people.
- New supergroup: members of Mastodon, Queens of the Stone Age and At the Drive-In.
- How to buy the best turntable and stereo system for your needs.
- Bonnaroo is offering a ticket package–a “rock star experience”–for $32,500.
- A final summary of the spats at this year’s Rock and Roll Hall of Fame event.
- Remember the Duggars? Now imagine them doing Christian rap. Oh, yes…
- And who briefed Hillary Clinton on what to say during an interview on a hip hop radio station?
- Shrek musical: offensive, apparently. (Via Tom)
- This hedgehog plays decent jazz on the piano.
- There’s a new documentary on the legendary Roland TR-808 drum machine. It’s going to be released in an interesting way.
- Here’s a slideshow of some of the most anticipated audio products of the spring. (Via Larry)
- Eurovision is about to get weird again. This contestant wants to perform nude with his favourite pet wolf.
- Here’s who won what at the East Coast Music Awards.