Random Music News for Friday, April 22, 2016
Almost all of today’s music news is consumed with stories of Prince. But there are a few other things going on.
- Okay, here’s another Prince story: The time when Prince almost made it onto The Simpsons.
- And here’s some reading we should do on Prince.
- Finally, the last pictures taken of Prince before he died. Things looked normal.
- Roxette has cancelled all their touring plans forevermore because of illness.
- Survey says that 72% of Millennials (in the US, anyway) listen to Spotify. This infographic explains how they listen.
- Queen’s Brian May has launched a new campaign to save the English hedgehog.
- How drunk to you have to be to get kicked out of a Guns ‘N Roses Coachella after party? THIS drunk.
- Led Zeppelin once sued a bar in Colorado over an all-female Led Zeppelin tribute band. “Stealing!” the allegation.
- The elder statesmen Coachalla event–the only featuring performers around 70 years of age and older (Dylan, McCartney, The Who, etc.)–is apparently confirmed.
- Canadian indie band Viet Cong, who were criticized for their insensitive choice of name, will now be known as Preoccupations.
- The co-founder of sampling rabblerousers Negativland has died.
- Renovations have begun at the Bataclan in Paris.
- One more postmortem on the first season of Vinyl.
- Kanye and porn. Click if you must. (Thanks a lot, Tom)
2 thoughts on “Random Music News for Friday, April 22, 2016”
Hey…it’s a full moon. I am apparently not responsible for my actions, which include that Kanye post. 🙂
I have not seen Vinyl yet but am looking forward to Baz Luhrmann’s ( Moulin Rouge ) The Get Down on Netflix which covers some of the same time period as Vinyl the late 70s – from the beginning of hip-hop to the end of disco.