Random Music News for Friday, April 8, 2016
It was a Friday, April 8 in 1994 that we heard about Kurt Cobain. Jeebus, that was 22 years ago. And now, the music news…
- Tove Lo was in a recording session with Diplo that got interrupted by a rattlesnake.
- Rick Astley is coming out of retirement with a comeback single. (NOT a rickroll link. This is true.)
- A company making products called “Feyonce” has been sued by Beyonce.
- Entomological fact: caterpillars use “anal drumming” when calling for help.
- If you’re going to use a razor blade as a prop in a musical, there’s potential for something going wrong. And in this case, it did.
- Here’s more misplaced romanticism for the era of the cassette. *Sigh*
- This list of product flops contains some music gear. Wanna guess which?
- Because we all need a musical fridge…
- If you want to stave off an ageing brain, try dancing.
- No, NWA will not perform at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony.
- Fifty great moments in pop and rock that never happened.
- Now one of David Bowie’s drummers has died of cancer.
- Jane’s Addiction is going on the road for the 25th anniversary of Ritual de lo Habitual.
- So is an update on the new Tool albums? Well, almost…
- Mariah Carey has taken out $70 million insurance “on her body.”