Random Music News for Friday, December 5, 2014
On this day 45 years ago, the first four nodes of ARPANET were established. This was the beginning of what would become something called “the Internet.”
- No surprise: the Pogues’ “A Fairytale of New York” is the most-played Christmas song in the UK.
- This is depressing: listen to the sound of coral reefs dying.
- Well, this is a different take on the music blog…
- Are your favourite Christmas songs among these five? (Via Larry)
- It looks like there will be a new Coldplay record next year called A Head Full of Dreams. (Via Greggory)
- Speaking of new albums, it looks like we’ll get a Sum 41 record next year, too.
- AC/DC’s Rock or Bust looks to sell between 135,000 and 145,000 copies in its first week int he US.
- Manchester United’s Wayne Rooney did some singing at a club Christmas party.
- The Beatles continue to drive vinyl sales.
- Sign of the times: 20% of British kids between 9 and 12 subscribe to 50 or more YouTube channels.
- And another: radio isn’t attracting 18-25 year-olds like it use to.
- This group of 40 year-olds may be the best new punk band of the year.
- If you watch music videos, chances are you send sexy/explicit texts. Hey, that’s what this new study says…