Published on February 24th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, February 24, 2017
Well, that was a long day in the air: PER-SIN-TAI-YYZ. It will take a while before my soul catches up through those 13 time zones. And now, the music news.
- Beyonce has decided that playing Coachella while pregnant with twins isn’t a good idea, so she’s canceled…
- …and promoters have dropped the price of tickets by 12%.
- H.R., the lead singer for Bad Brains, has had brain surgery on his, er, bad brain. Things look good.
- Universal, the biggest record label in the world, now makes more money from streaming than from physical sales.
- Some industry people are saying that this guy is the next Bieber. Forearmed is forewarned…
- Remember Jackie Evancho? The one sang the national anthem at Trump’s inauguration? She’s not such a Trump fan anymore.
- Looking for album cover artwork? Any of these cute animal pictures would be great! (Via Andrew)
- AC/DC is going to make an album with Axl Rose? Apparently.
- I got over my pathological hate for disco a while back. Now I’m interested in listening to this feature on its history.
- So why did Chester Bennington leave Stone Temple Pilots? Here’s why.
- Spotify is getting into the production of original podcasts.
- So how did the Grammy awards affect music sales? Like this.