Random Music News for Friday, January 12, 2018
We had a big thaw over the last 36 hours. I have two dogs. You don’t want to know what was revealed in the backyard. Concentrate instead on the music news for Friday, January 12.
- The mother of the child in that H&M ad that upset The Weeknd so much has spoken out.
- Aliens. Gotta be aliens.
- Sting is having an issue with his musical about shipbuilding.
- Dell is making jewellery from reclaimed metals from old computers.
- That tour of Australia by ZZ Top’s Billy Gibbons has come to a disastrous end.
- Canadians are ready to dump traditional passwords for things like facial recognition and other methods.
- There’s a new Iron Maiden beer. Proceeds will go towards UK war vets.
- Yeah, about that alleged Radiohead plagiarism lawsuit against Lana Del Rey over “Creep”…
- Here’s a cool new audio recorder that you control with your Apple Watch.
- Fascinating: Five visions for the future of music.
- Are we going to see another push towards “social music” in 2018? Maybe.
- Pop-up radio? Why not?
- Having trouble sleeping? There’s a new app (and headband) for that.
- Would you pay more for music? A surprising number of people say “yes.”
- Roy Orbison, hologram.
- Rogers Hometown Hockey is looking for more bands. These are paying gigs, too. Details here.
- Are your folks in a nursing home like this? Let’s hope not.