Random Music News for Friday, January 5, 2018
One week (well, almost) of January down. Taking it day by day. Distract yourself with some music news for January 5, 2018.
- Apple sued an Italian clothing company called Steve Jobs. They lost.
- One analyst says that 56.3 million smart speakers will ship in 2018.
- Here’s more on the rise of smart speakers.
- Meanwhile, though, Amazon and Google seem to be losing money on their smart speakers as they fight for market dominance.
- Snoop Dogg’s son is now a model.
- What’s it like to work with U2 in the studio and on the road? Like this.
- Music nostalgia is a powerful thing, especially when it comes to radio.
- Another company has come up with the latest way for us to talk back and forth with our car.
- ABC was going to run a 50th anniversary special about Rolling Stone magazine, but now…
- How is this $1.6 billion lawsuit against Spotify is going to mess with their plans to take the company public?
- Meanwhile, Spotify is now up to 70 million paying subscribers.
- And what does this move to go public mean for artists who stream on Spotify?
- Grandpa-generated grime? Yep.
- Are you a musician looking to make a lyric video for YouTube? Here’s how you can do it for ten bucks.
- So what about that big computer flaw in microchips? Are your devices affected?