Random Music News for Friday, July 15, 2016
The good thing about this Pokemon GO craze is that people are at least playing outside and getting some exercise. And now, some music news.
- Rihanna was scheduled to play a music festival in Nice on Saturday. Naturally, all that has been canceled.
- How sick is Aerosmith’s Joe Perry?
- The Foo Fighters were the subject of an entire category on Jeopardy. Contestants blew three of them. Can you get them?
- David Bowie’s private art collection is going up for auction later this year.
- Mick Jagger is going to be a dad again–at age 72. Mom is 29. This will be his eighth kid.
- There’s a new alliance trying to stop ticket scalping in the UK.
- Here’s a collection of the ten ugliest headphones ever foisted upon the public. (Via Andrew)
- In the future, you won’t need to own much. All you need is access. And this applies to more than just music. (Andrew again)
- If you’re interested in rock star photography, read this.
- Another warning about loud music: Today’s teenagers could end up deaf by age 40.
- Did you know that many people can echo-locate the size of a room?
- AC/DC’s Brian Johnson has a new job as a radio personality.
- Rhapsody, the oldest surviving subscription music service, has undergone a complete name change. It’s now known as Napster.
- Interesting stat from the UK: The number of disabled fans attending live music events went up by 26% in 2015.
- The Who’s Roger Daltrey now has a line of vintage Champagne.
- Here’s an evisceration of Johnny Depp and Hollywood Vampires. (Via Pam)