Published on June 10th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, June 10, 2016
Off to Winnipeg to visit the folks tonight. I’ve packed lots of mosquito repellant.
- The indie music sector is really, really important to the health of the industry. Here’s how important.
- Here’s a way we may end up with more music in movies.
- Worth repeating: Why the only rock musician anyone will remember in 100 years will be Chuck Berry.
- Drowning Pool wants to jam with this 82-year-old dude. (Via Tom)
- This wooden speaker “mimics the sound of vinyl.” (Via Andrew)
- Wanna watch Bieber lose a fistfight in Cleveland?
- Here’s a musical I’d watch. It involves Wu-Tang Clan, Martin Shkreli and Bill Murray. Seriously.
- Tom Morello says Prophets of Rage will record new music.
- Someone else besides me is asking “What happened to the protest song?”
- Did you get onstage during U2’s Innocence + Experience tour? Is this you?
- What does Troy Carter’s move to Spotify mean for the music industry? Maybe more than we think.
- So what does the global landscape look like as far as radio, music and other media are concerned? I’m glad you asked.