Published on June 9th, 2017 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, June 9, 2017
Off to Asia again for a couple of weeks. Further reports will come from SW Thailand. And now, the music news for June 9.
- Interested in the logistics behind staging U2’s 30th Anniversary Joshua Tree Tour? Let’s talk to the guy who helps make it happen. (Via Larry)
- Anthrax coffee? Yep.
- Looking for the One Love Manchester concert on YouTube? It’s been removed on copyright grounds.
- Taylor Swift’s music returned to Spotify and other streaming services last night. Hmm.
- Meanwhile, here’s Spotify’s plan to win the streaming war.
- Phil Collins is in hospital after a fall in his hotel room. He’s being described as “frail” and the fall “dramatic.”
- Let’s take a walk around Sting’s Manhattan penthouse. It’s for sale.
- This feud resulted in a rapper getting knocked out on stage in mid-performance.
- Bill Murray, singer. He’s been covering Van Morrison.
- This new technology could make music venues sound better.
- Will this disco lamp inspire girls to study science, technology, engineering and mathematics? That’s the hope.
- Check out this schoolgirl thrash metal band from a conservative part of Indonesia.