Published on March 18th, 2016 | by Alan Cross0
Random Music News for Friday, March 18, 2016
March can be so cruel. After a stretch of nice spring-like weather, our spirits will no doubt by crushed by the reality that it’s still winter. Hang in there. Distract yourself with some music news…
- If you must, here are some pictures featuring Daft Punk without their masks.
- If you’re DJing in a bar that’s being raided by the cops, you might not want to play this song as it’s going down.
- Politicians in Washington DC aren’t happy with PJ Harvey’s new song.
- Michaelle Obama was just recorded a single. Seriously.
- Birds learn to sing while still in the egg.
- CONSPIRACY: Is Ted Cruz secretly the lead singer of Styper? (Via Danny)
- What’s the best way to release an album? The answer is trickier than you might think.
- The Rolling Stones are going to play a free concert in Havana on the 25th. They’re having to import EVERYTHING.
- Drug ballads are becoming increasing popular in California, just like the narcocorridos in Mexico.
- Not a question I’ve ever asked, but who dresses Taylor Swift?
- If I’m AC/DC’s Brian Johnson, I’m feeling weirder every day that I’m sidelined from the band. Here’s the latest.
- Kurt Cobain was prone to mood swings. Imagine that.
- Kanye has “fixed” three of the tracks on The Life of Pablo. You’ll have to subscribe to Tidal to hear them, though. (Via Tom)
- Sony and SoundCloud have reached an agreement. This is a good thing.
- STOP IT, BIEBER! YOU’RE NOT KURT COBAIN!
- The studio where David Bowie recorded Blackstar has shut down.